Witness a modern, cut-to-length, solid steel plate black floating shelf. This is a premium, no-corners-cut product. We handcraft everything we make at the absolute highest level of quality, and the Tromso wall shelf is no exception.
Get the Deets
- All floating shelf options are 1/4" thick, available in 6", 8", 10", and 12" depths
- Choose any length from 12 to 84 inches
- Slim line of metal magically extending from your wall
- Paint is applied with a durable powder coat process meant to last
- Designed to be installed under your drywall so only the thin horizontal metal plate remains visible. Of course you can install them any way you want.
- Easy to mount to most wall surfaces
- Made with sweat, tears and industrial awesomeness
- Ships as a fully assembled floating wall shelf ready to install
- Custom lengths available upon request
It’s worth mentioning again: these floating shelves are solid steel. Each wall shelf can hold approximately 55 lbs per stud you cross and fasten into. They are extremely strong. Use ALL available studs during installation. We recommend adding blocking between studs to ensure herculean strength. Watch the video below for details. These wall shelves are also quite heavy. If you try to hang these yourself, Schwarzenegger-sized biceps are a must. Otherwise, grab a buddy or turn your install into a date. Extra hands make light work.
Every Tromso floating shelf is made to order, out of carefully chosen domestic steel from new and recycled materials.
Each kit comes finished and ready to hang with instructions. Due to a multitude of wall conditions, fasteners are NOT included. However, we recommend using #10 x 2-1/2" long GRK brand wood screws into studs and 3/16" x 2-1/2" long Tapcon screws into masonry. Either are available at any major hardware store.
Every piece is hand-cut and finished in beautiful Eastern Idaho.
Please call us at (949) 244-1083 if you are interested in any of the following:
- Color samples
- Custom length, down to the millimeter
- Longer or deeper shelves
- Custom colors
- Expedited production or shipping
- International Shipping - We ship worldwide
- Discussing the weather in Idaho
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about anything. We are here M-F 8-5pm Mountain Time: (949) 244-1083
Lead time 1-2 weeks
Shipping rates are calculated by weight of the order and the delivery address.
Items are shipped via FedEx ground or common carrier (a freight company) depending on the overall weight of your order.
Contact Shelfology for any special shipping requests outside of our normal delivery options.
This product is made-to-order. Please plan your project carefully as we are not able to offer a full refund.
We charge a 50% restocking fee on all custom returns. If you are uncertain about your order please reach out to our shelf experts. They are happy to help!
Please insure all returns.
If something arrives damaged or defective, let us know and we will make arrangements for an expert to repair, replacement parts or refund if necessary.
Original delivery fees are non-refundable and additional shipping fees may apply.