Stoke the neighbors when you show off any stone slab levitating in space on a Drake. Rated for use with solid rock, granite and concrete slabs, this is ideal for kitchen counter or bathroom vanity applications requiring floating surfaces.
Get the Deets
- Supports surfaces from 9" to 24" deep and 1 1/2" to 4" thick
- 1/2" thick solid steel support
- Float a countertop
- Engineered to support solid or apron-construction surfaces
- Mounts to the side of an exposed stud
- Made with sweat, tears and industrial awesomeness
- 100% American steel, Matte black painted
- Ships as a fully assembled bracket; just add wood
What’s in the Box
Drake Slim Line Bracket
What You’ll Need
Surface set screws
Drake Spec Sheet
This DIY hardware supports a multitude of floating desk, shelf and mantle styles, in a variety of sizes, without visible support. Use this steel bracket anywhere gravity-defying construction is required.
Shelfology floating desk hardware is engineered to support solid or hollow slabs, beams, and apron-construction surfaces 1½" to 4" thick, and from 9" to 24" deep. Designed for professionals as well as DIY’ers, these brackets mount directly to 2x4 studs inside your wall before drywall is added.
Brackets sold individually. Select the quantity of brackets based on the desired load and the number of studs your project will span.
- Supports materials from 9" to 24" deep
- Support up to 80 lbs. per bracket*. This depends on the flex in your surface material and how you attach your surface to the bracket.
NOTE: All brackets must be installed into studs, or posts. Failure to do so may result in saggy surfaces, falling objects or even injury.
- 8", 12", 16" & 20" x 3"wide and ½" thick solid steel rod
- Mounts to side of studs (before wall covering)
- Mounting plate is 12" long x 3" wide, ¼" thick hot-rolled steel
- Screw holes are ¼" OD, ideal for high strength ¼" lag bolts
- Recommended spacing is 32" OC for shallower, lighter duty installations, 16" OC or shorter for deeper, heavier duty installations
How to install floating countertop
NOTE: Installing this hardware requires some innate awesomeness (you have that already) and woodworking experience, or a buddy with woodworking experience.
Tools to get started
- Tape measure
- Quick clamps
Before you begin
Our countertop brackets let you make a floating surface from just about any solid or hollow wood slabs, beam, rock, stone, boxed and aproned construction you choose. No matter what you choose, your finished slab needs to be at least 7 inches to 24 inches deep. Remember that the deeper your surface, the less weight it will hold at the outer edge (think physics, teeter-totters and levers).
All brackets must mount to the side of stud, or posts.
- Attach Bracket To Studs Or Posts
- Add Wall finish around your brackets leaving the posts visible
- Prepare Your Slab To Fit Floating Surface Supports
- Test The Bracket And Surface Fit
- Mount Your Surface
- Secure in Place
Need a custom bracket?
We build special order brackets. Send us your unique requests. Mantel hardware is made in the USA from 100% American Steel, love, sweat, tears, and industrial awesomeness.
Lead time 1-2 business days
Shipping rates are calculated by size and weight of the order and the delivery address.
Items within our standard shipping rules will ship via FedEx ground for free.
When an order exceed 80 inches and/or 150 pounds they ship via common carrier. Common carrier rates are 12% of your merchandise total. You will be contacted 1-2 days in advance to schedule a delivery appointment.
Contact Shelfology (949.244.1083) for any special shipping requests outside our normal delivery options.
If you aren’t stoked with your purchase, notify us within 10 days of receipt and we will take it back for a full refund or exchange it.
If something arrives damaged or defective, let us know and we will make arrangements for an expert to repair, replacement parts or refund if necessary.
Original delivery fees are non-refundable and additional shipping fees may apply.