Our warranty is valid only in the United States, District of Columbia, and Canada. It is NOT valid in any other countries. If the purchaser lives in a country where our warranty is valid, Shelfology will pay for the cost of shipping the replacement product/part to the purchaser through a method of our choosing. If Shelfology determines that the product is NOT covered by our warranty, the purchaser will have the option to pay for the repair or replacement (if the product can be repaired/replaced), and the purchaser will also be responsible for the cost of shipping back the repaired product.
Warranties vary by product category. Subject to the terms and conditions below.
Wood and steel shelving will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase. Longer warranties may be purchased at checkout for additional coverage.
Builders hardware will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of 2 year from the date of purchase. Longer warranties may be purchased at checkout for additional coverage.
- Our warranty does not cover defects caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, alterations, abnormal environmental conditions, improper storage and handling, installation, or any finishing or refinishing of the product by the original purchaser. Under this warranty the exclusive remedial action by Shelfology shall be limited to the repair or replacement of any component proved to be defective under normal use and care.
- Our warranty does not cover any unfinished wood products once a finish has been applied.
- The replacement of new materials for those as may be defective may result in a color variance in comparison to the originally installed materials due to slight color or texture changes by our finish manufacturers and is not indicative of a defect. Shelfology reserves the right to substitute colors and finishes as are then being manufactured and is only obligated to match color and quality with such products as it is manufacturing at the time of replacement.
- All wood products have natural color, texture and grain; these characteristics are not considered defects under this warranty. Like all wood products, our shelves will respond adversely to abnormal heat, humidity, direct moisture, dryness or cold and any issues related to exposure to such environments is not covered under this warranty. Any problems related to poor or improper storage, installation, or paint or finishing applied by the original purchaser or a third party are also excluded from this warranty.
- Should a warranty claim be approved by Shelfology, the customer understands Shelfology cannot guarantee a “match” to the existing, unaffected pieces because of the real-wood nature and natural wear-and-tear.
- Limitation of Liability: IT IS UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED THAT MANUFACTURER’S LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, IN TORT UNDER ANY WARRANTY, IN NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE RETURN OF THE AMOUNT OF PURCHASE PRICE FOR THE DEFECTIVE ITEM PAID BY PURCHASER AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. NO ACTION, REGARDLESS OF FORM, ARISING OUT OF THE TRANSACTIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT MAY BE BROUGHT BY THE PURCHASER MORE THAN FIVE YEARS AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION HAS ACCRUED.
- Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, and some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions herein may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary, from state to state.
- The original purchaser must provide Shelfology with:
- a written notice of claim under this warranty– including pictures of damage or flaw–By email, firstname.lastname@example.org or by US mail, ATTN: CUSTOMER SERVICE, 156 N 2nd East, Rexburg, ID 83440.
- the defective product at its place of business, 156 North 2nd East, Rexburg, ID 83440, within 90 days after notice of claim. Buyer pays for return shipping
- Regardless of when the initial claim commences, warranty replacements or repairs only occur after damaged or flawed products have been received and inspected in person at our place of business, 156 N 2nd East, Rexburg, Idaho.
- Purchaser covers all return shipping costs to Shelfology.
- If warranty is accepted we will refund ALL of the purchaser’s return shipping fees and cover the cost of product replacement or repair as well as the shipping back.
- Note: We include this provision to prevent warranty fraud. It is a sad fact in the Amazon E-commerce world that a significant number of returns and warranty claims are from dishonest people gaming the system trying to get stuff for free. It is super lame. If you are honestly trying to fix your product you will understand that this policy will weed out those people and give us the opportunity to take care of those that really need it.
- For warranty to be accepted, the return package must be insured AND Product must be packed appropriately with enough padding inside the box to prevent damage on the return trip. Shipping damage from negligent packaging in excess of stated or proven warranty damage will incur additional repair costs even if the warranty portion of the repair is fully covered. Purchaser will be responsible to pay excess damage costs before any warranty work commences.
- If warranty is NOT accepted the purchaser will have the option to pay for the repair or replacement (if the product can be repaired/replaced), and the purchaser will also be responsible for the cost of shipping back the repaired product.
A final note about our intentions.
We absolutely are deflated when something goes wrong with your order. We are a nerdy bunch of design and manufacturing perfectionists and we want everything to be well, perfect! Of course this isn’t a realistic expectation but we strive for it nonetheless. We get that humans happen, Fedex happens, porch pirates happen, milk spills happen. We are all bummed along with you when something goes wrong with your order and we care very much that it gets taken care of ASAP.
Please please please, give us the chance to help you right whatever goes wrong without unnecessary drama. Please be respectful and kind despite any feelings of disappointment or other fiery emotions you may be feeling. Nothing gets done better with anger or rudeness. Know that our entire business revolves around making things awesome whether they never go wrong or not and that very real, sincere and helpful humans exist on this side of the phone or email.