Don’t be fooled by the slender looks, Aksel is no slouch. This insane strong shelf bracket is ready to rumble out of the box, just add wood. Made from solid steel and pure Americanity.
Get the Deets
- Made to be invisible while floating your rad shelving
- Easy to mount and level to any wall surface
- 100% American matte black painted solid steel
- Supports shelves from 2" to 2 1/2" thick and 7" to 17" deep
- Supports up to 55 lbs. per solid rod when correctly mounted
- Made with sweat, tears and industrial awesomeness
- Ships as a fully assembled bracket; just add wood
XD: Contractor Grade Floating Shelf Hardware
Our XD floating shelf hardware has been engineered to support shelves from 2" thick to 3" thick and from 11" up to 17" deep (for mantels, desks, we make brackets for these too). Designed for professionals in mind, these brackets are simple to install on masonry, sheetrock, plaster, and paneled walls. Whatever substrate you decide to install on, you MUST ensure screws are securely anchored into studs or blocking. Seriously.
Our shelf hardware is constructed of 3/8" thick steel, have 90° junctions to fit precisely into mortises or dados, and patent pending set-through construction with 360° welds. When mounted correctly, these brackets will support maximum distributed loads from 100 lbs. to 250 lbs., depending on the length of the bracket.
Fits Hollow & Solid Floating Shelf
- Supports shelves from 11" to 17" deep
- Fits shelves 2" thick or more
- Support up to 50 lbs. per rod*
- 3/8" x 1.5" steel back bar
- 360° welds
- Screw holes are set 1" OC from each end and continue 4" OC down the length of the bracket
- Countersunk screw holes are 3/16" OD
- Rods are set 2" OC from each end
NOTE: Installing this hardware requires some innate awesomeness (you have that already) and woodworking experience, or a buddy with woodworking experience.
Choose Wood For A Floating Shelf
Our XD brackets let you make a floating shelf from just about any lumber you choose. Hardwoods are durable and hold a nice finish, while softer woods can provide an aged, textured finish. No matter what you choose, your finished lumber needs to be at least 2 inches thick, and at least 11 inches deep. Remember that the deeper your shelf, the less weight it will hold at the outer edge (think physics, teeter-totters and levers).
Choose The Right Shelf Support
Select either a single length, or series of smaller brackets just shorter than your desired shelf length (ideally somewhere between 1"-6" shorter). If you need to support a lot of weight, choosing more and shorter brackets will increase load capacity (see Weight Capacity above). Also remember to contact us if something custom would be easier for your load capacity needs.
Choose Your Installation Method
Determine whether you’ll mount your shelf directly over a finished surface (ex: over drywall), or recessed into the wall and mounted directly to studs and blocking (always recommended for strength and to prevent saggy shelves).
1. First remove the set screws from your shelf and pull your hardware from the back of your shelf.
2. Position the hardware on the wall with the pre-drilled holes along the top edge. Mark the left-most hole on the stud, remove the hardware and drill a pilot hole. Reposition the hardware, drive a screw into the freshly drilled hole (nicely done, by the way), then use a level to position the right side of the hardware. Once it’s in position, mark the remaining holes on each stud, and drill a pilot hole for each. Raise the right side of your hardware into position, and drive the remaining screws into place.
3. Almost there... Slide your shelf over the bracket.
4. Replace set screws to secure your shelf.
*NOTE: All brackets must be installed into studs or wall blocking. Failure to do so may result in saggy shelves, falling objects or even injury.
PRO TIP: If you need extra heavy duty floating shelves with even more weight capacity, use several shorter brackets in place of a single, longer bracket.
Need a Custom Shelf Bracket?
We build special order floating shelf brackets. Send us your unique requests. 949.244.1083
Shelf hardware is made in the USA from 100% American Steel, love, sweat, tears, and industrial awesomeness.
- Ships in 1-2 days
- For 72"-96" Floating Shelf - up to 17" deep
- Shelf Length:
- 72 - 96 inches
- Shelf Thickness:
- 2 inches
- Shelf Depth:
- 7 - 17 inches